Last updated 5 years ago
When it comes to biking, wearing a helmet is of the utmost importance. Contrary to what many believe, wearing a helmet does not mean compromising your fashion preferences or riding comfort. If are you tired of wearing a helmet that makes you look and feel uncomfortable on your bike, watch this brief introductory video to learn about a safe and fashionable alternative.
In this video, you will discover just how easy it is to personalize a YAKKAY helmet to match your favorite summer attire when the weather is nice or to make it look like you are wearing a winter hat when you are bundled up in your favorite jacket and scarf. Although it will appear to the average passerby that you are simply wearing a trendy new hat, you will actually be wearing a safe helmet.
The holiday season is just around the corner. To buy a comfortable and stylish helmet for your friend or family member today, visit A Street Bike Named Desire in San Francisco Bay Area or call (888) 821-6831.
Last updated 5 years ago
Here are some great links and resources to places that will help you decide which city bike is right for you. If you’re still having trouble deciding, come into A Street Bike Named Desire and see them all in person. Give us a call at (888) 821-6831 for more information.
- The epitome of lifestyle bikes is the beautiful Pashley cycle. With six different styles, there’s sure to be a style that’s perfect for you.
- This guide from the National Bicycle Dealers Association will give you some helpful hints and tips for purchasing a new bicycle.
- The Christiania bike originated our of purely utilitarian reasons in a car free section of Copenhagen. Now they are the perfect cargo bike that can make any trip around town easier.
- Looking for an electric bike? Try an Ecobike or Birdy. They are perfect for the little extra boost you may need when commuting by bike.
- Biking in the city can be dangerous, but fortunately the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency has put together this helpful guide to biking in the city to help you ride safely.
Last updated 6 years ago
Those that are devoted bike commuters can list an endless amount of benefits to using a bike to get where they need to go. Whether you’ve contemplated the idea or never thought of it, take a minute to see what the real benefits of commuting by bike are.
It promotes a healthy lifestyle.
Riding a bicycle is one of the best ways to get in shape and stay in shape. Riding a bike to and from work, for example, will increase your cardiovascular fitness, balance, flexibility, endurance, and stamina. The best part is that people of all ages, from children to senior citizens, can enjoy the wonderful health benefits of riding a bicycle.
It’s a great alternative.
Whether you purchase a folding bike, a city bike, or an electric bike, there’s no question that bicycles are a great alternative to using a car. It’s a great way to switch up your daily routine and whether you’re using a bike to get across town or just going on a leisurely ride with your family, bike commuting is something fun and different.
It’s environmentally friendly.
What do folding bikes, city bikes, commuter bikes, and electric bikes have in common? They are all environmentally responsible modes of transportation. Bicycles don’t require brake fluid, anti-freeze, transmission fluid, or any other toxic chemicals or fluids; in fact, traveling just four miles on a bicycle rather than in a car keeps about 15 pounds of pollutants out of the air we breathe. Sporting a beautiful Pashley city bike isn’t only going to make you look good but you’ll be reducing your carbon footprint, which is crucial to our future.
To learn more about the benefits of commuting by bicycle, stop by A Street Bike Named Desire, San Francisco’s premier lifestyle bike shop. If you’re looking for a something specific, like a Brompton or Christiania; or you’ve got no idea how to make the conversion call us at (888) 821-6831. We’re more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
Last updated 6 years ago
One of the first (and most important) questions that people ask when shopping for a bicycle is “What kind of bicycle is right for me?” The answer depends on what kind of biking you do and your bicycle needs—basically, it depends on your lifestyle. Fortunately, lifestyle bikes are designed and built with your individual needs in mind.
The term “lifestyle bikes” encompasses several different types of bikes, from folding bikes to city bikes and everything in between (there are even electric lifestyle bikes). But what makes lifestyle bikes the ideal type of city bike?
- Head-Turning Design: When riding in the city, it’s easy to get lost in the sea of dull bicycles around you—but not with a lifestyle bike. With alloy rims, chrome plated handlebars, leather grips, and hand-brazed tubular crown forks, lifestyle bicycles are one of the most stylish modes of transportation available. You've got to check out a beautiful British-designed Pashley, if style is your thing.
- Comfortable and Versatile: Whether you’re biking to the corner store or across the city, you need a bicycle that is comfortable enough for everyday use and versatile enough for the different biking surfaces and conditions you may encounter. Thankfully, lifestyle bikes are as comfortable and versatile as they are beautiful.
- More Than “Just a Bicycle”: Since lifestyle bikes are built with you in mind, they come equipped with a host of features that are designed to maximize comfort and convenience. For instance, some bikes come with gold-lined mudguards, dynamo headlamps, tubular rear carriers, skirt guards, coat guards, and even wicker baskets.
Whether you need an easier way to get to work, a better way to take your kids to the park, or a bicycle that says you appreciate the finer things in life, you can find what you are looking for at A Street Bike Named Desire. As the San Francisco bay area's premier lifestyle bike shop, we offer bicycles that complement your style. To learn more about our folding and electric bikes, contact us online or call (888) 821-6831.